What Does a Icelandic Commercial Fish Tour Include?
- Interpretive session discussing heritage of the industry and the tools used.
- Hands-on meet and greet with the Commercial Fishers
- Tour length approximately is approximately 6 hours with transportation in a 1950’s Bombardier.
- Learn how to jig a board under the ice.
- Pull Gill nets – what sizes are used and why – why do the big ones stay in the lake?
- Fish Fry one the ice included.
- Tours can accommodate up to 8 people with the base price set at 4.
- All guests must be physically fit enough to safely participate in the activities as they are offered. Some special considerations can be made at the discretion of the driver.
- Tours may be cancelled if the temperature is at an extreme. Temperature cut-offs are above 5 degrees Celsius (dry temp) and/or; below -40 degrees Celsius (including windchill.)
Please dress for the cold outdoor winter activity. This includes wearing lots of layers, warm footwear, mitts (not gloves), toque and scarf.