What Does a Dog Sledding Tour Include?
- Interpretive session discussing sled dogs and their working heritage in industry, sport and recreation
- Hands-on meet and greet with the dogs and an opportunity to prep the dogs and the sled for the tour
- Tour length approximately 7km with an approximate duration of 45 minutes, including a 5-10 minute stop about halfway for a photo opportunity and hot chocolate
- Hands-on aftercare and Q&A with the opportunity to snack the dogs
- Total tour time not to exceed 90 minutes
- Tours can accommodate two (2) adults seated in the basket of the sled with a weight limit of 400lbs.
- Accommodation for an (1) adult and two (2) children is possible if this can be done safely at the discretion of the driver.
- All riders under the age of 12 require parental/guardian accompaniment
- All guests must be physically fit enough to safely participate in the activities as they are offered. Some special considerations can be made at the discretion of the driver.
- Tours may be cancelled if the temperature is at an extreme. Temperature cut-offs are above 5 degrees Celsius (dry temp) and/or; below -30 degrees Celsius (including windchill.)
Please dress for the cold outdoor winter activity. This includes wearing lots of layers, warm footwear, mitts (not gloves), toque and scarf, and some guests may enjoy ski goggles.